It is true, one never knows when, or where one will meet their best friend. Fate just has a way of playing with us that way. :) I found mine of all places in a Gentlemans club. She is a dancer, but so much more as well. She is a wife to a lucky guy, Mother to her children, a Student in hopes of being more than a dancer, a very smart lady, and a total pro at her job. I could go on and on about this individule, but I don't want to give to much away as to her ID. Some who know me and her will already know who I am talking about, but thats okay, because we are all friends anyway. Okay, I know I wandered off. Getting back on track. Being a dancer there isn't alot of time to just sit and talk at the table, like you were at a coffee shop or something. For one thing she is working, so other guys who are strictly clients, will get jealous, and impatient waiting for my friend, so we go to the couch area. Here we have what is affectionately known by the two of us as "couch therapy". We cuddle mostly, so that we can be heard by the other, for we both enjoy this time very much. It is supposed to be a couch dance, but we use the time to tell the other or woes, joys and otherwise things that stress us out. I am a listener, I have been for as long as i can remember. So it was a rare thing indeed to find a soul who wanted to hear about my life, the good and bad. We have a chemistry, but it has been built over time. Our building blocks include the following. Trust, understanding, compassion, truth, fun, love, and RESPECT for the others bounderies. We have never seen the other outside of the club, but that is a choice we have both made. I guess the biggest reason for this would have to be she is married (happily I might add), and we both don't want a misunderstanding. Sometimes you just can't tell your spouce things you can tell a friend. Problems of club life for example, most husbands Im sure are already kind of against the idea there wife is getting that close to other men, so they close off them selves to hearing to much about it. Hey, it is human nature. :-) I think Marriage is a good thing as far as I know, so I really try not to do anything to ruin that. So, we talk to each other about all kinds of things, on the couch. It is a very therapeutic, so much so we often are so relaxed after the "session" are knees feel a little wobbly, and balance is askew. which makes us smile and chuckle and the thoughts this scene must invoke, as others who see us leaving the dance area. So thank you my couch-mate for being there, and listening. :-)
To any of the other dancers who know me and have found them selves telling me there life's stories, I thank you too. The couch and I are always there to hear you. Not being a licenced practioner of psychology, I find it funny and ironic, that I pay you to listen to you. God I love this life. Being a possitive thinker I take it as a great compliment that all of you want to talk to me. Maybe it is the fact I don't repeat any conversations to anybody else. what is said between You and I stays between you and I. So feel free to talk with me as you will, I'll listen. :-)
You truly are the best listener in the world!
ReplyDeleteThank-you very much, I know we all need to let go sometimes. I am just glad I could be there for the souls who have talked to me. :-)
ReplyDelete