Thursday, April 22, 2010

A sense of accomplishment

A few days ago I witnessed a friend of mine at her work, doing a new pole trick. I loved seeing how excited she got after her execution of this trick. It wasn't a very complicated trick, but the fact she is now flexible enough to do it at all made it special to her. I think it is so very cool, when one can achieve, a sense of accomplishment with a newly aquired skill set. My friend has always been a graceful, and delight to watch as she combines the artistry of erotic dance and gymnastics. Strength and balance flowing together, but flexibility has not been as easy a thing for her. Until recently that is. The fact that my friend never settles for what she can do, but is always striving to better her skill set, turning her percieved flaws into strengths. I'm just proud of the courage she has, to push herself, to be better than she already is. I hope one day she will look back on the career she has had, with a sense of accomplishment. :-D

That was basicly all this blog was about, my friend and her striving to always be better. It accured to me there is another lesson hear as well. If everything was easy, would we ever strive? Would we ever be proud of ourselves? Would we ever have a sense of accomplishment? So, take a cue from my friend rejoice in your small victories, because all your small victories add up to a big life. YOUR LIFE. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment